Welcome!

Welcome to Jenn's Quilters Depot Blog!

Welcome and Enjoy!

This is the spot where I will update you on what is new @Quilters Depot. Check out our website http://www.quiltersdepotpa.com/


From pictures of new fabrics to what's going @ the store this is the place to be.

Please register to follow so that everytime I blog you will get notification!

Thanks and happy quilting!

Jenn



Friday, October 21, 2011

Quilts of Valor

Evening all!

In my last post I mentioned that I was volunteering my quilting.  No that does not mean you get a free quilt done........lol

What it means is that one of the charities Quilters Depot supports is the Quilts of Valor program.  Actually, we support anything and everything that we can possibly support that has to do with our soldiers!  There is not enough that us here at home can do for those brave men and women!

So a few years ago our quilt group did quilts of valor and donated them to a group of soldiers who were returning to North Carolina.  It gives you a great feeling knowing that your hobby will bring some joy those who deserve it!

Now, I am volunteering my my services to the Pittsburgh North chapter of the QOV.  I just finished two quilts and will be getting a third today.

I know your asking, can I help?  Yes you are!  I know it.......lol

Yes you can help!, Whether you are in the Pittsburgh area or somewhere else the QOV program needs people to piece, to Long arm and to bind the quilts. 

If you are in Pittsburgh they are really in need of long armers.  I would volunteer more, but I pay for my lunches at the bank by quilting for customers.  I will fit as many in as I can when I can, but you all want your stuff done too.  All you have to do is donate the thread, batting and your time!

If you interested in the QOV program check out their website www.qovf.org .  If in Pittsburgh contact me @ owner@quiltersdepotpa.comcastbiz.net and I will send you the contact information for the Pittsburgh North Chapter.  If not in Pittsburgh find your local chapter or whatever soldier oriented charity and let's help our soldiers!

remember the one with the most stash wins!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment