Welcome!

Welcome to Jenn's Quilters Depot Blog!

Welcome and Enjoy!

This is the spot where I will update you on what is new @Quilters Depot. Check out our website http://www.quiltersdepotpa.com/


From pictures of new fabrics to what's going @ the store this is the place to be.

Please register to follow so that everytime I blog you will get notification!

Thanks and happy quilting!

Jenn



Friday, November 25, 2011

Profile: Stitch It Cheap!

Hi Folks




Happy Black Friday to you. Hopefully you are reading this very late on Friday and have spent alot of money helping our economy and if you helped mine I am most grateful to you........lol




Today we are going to profile a company I do alot of business with and that I love. If you have come in for any of my early machine embroidery classes we used her designs! Yes I know I haven't had a class lately. Maybe some day in the future I can figure out something to interest you all and find the time to do it with you!




In the meantime, if you are looking for some great designs check out Stitchitcheap.com







Stitch it Cheap - Eliza and Ashley




Stitch it Cheap is ran by Eliza and she is helped by her daughter Ashley, who also does digitzing of designs.




I asked Eliza some questions so that we get to know her and you can fall in love with her designs like i have!


http://www.stitchitcheap.com/
http://www.stitchitstuff.com/






1) Tell us about what Stitch it Cheap is?






Stitch It Cheap is a subscription embroidery design site. What that means is you pay a small monthly payment (for as long as you like) & you get to download pretty much all the designs on the site for free! We do have special buys that are not included but we have those clearly


marked. 95% of the site is included though.












2) Tell us how much and how to subscribe? Tell us how to sign up for the yahoo group.






It is $12.75 (or less if you subscribe for a longer period of time) per month. You can click on the huge CLICK HERE TO ORDER link on the top of every page on the site.
http://www.stitchitcheap.com/index.html
The Yahoo group is FREE & you can go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/embchatnfreebies/
You need to sign up for a Yahoo account but there is no cost.










3) How did you get started/inspiration.






It was just for fun at first. Then it became more of a passion. I decided to do the subscription site because back in the "old" days sending designs by email was really a pain. Plus I wanted something that was reasonably priced that most everyone could afford. So Stitch It Cheap was born out of that. I wanted everyone to be able to get great designs at a great price.










4) What other crafts hobbies do you have?






I like to garden & I do some digital scrapbooking. I also love photography. More recently I have been exercising a lot trying to get back into shape.






5) Tell us about Eliza the person.






I am married (25 years this December 9th). I have two children, both adults Ash & Brian jr. NO grandchildren yet:-( I also have my two girls (my dogs) Darli (Dachshund) & Tali (Beagle). We also have the worlds oldest & crankiest cat Magic who just turned 16 this year. I enjoy spending time with my family & we love holiday's with all the little kids in the family. I am also a NASCAR junkie. LOVE Dale Jr! Go 88!










6) Who else helps you? How do you find your designs?






Ashley my daughter has come on recently as a part time digitizer. She also does some of our artwork but she does not have much time to do that for us since she is a full time student in a nursing program.
Tech support is my son Brian Jr. If I have any computer issues he is the guy I call.







7) Tease us with upcoming ideas if you can.






We have a really fun scarf idea that hopefully will be up next week. We are in full blown holiday designs now. We have some fun takes on the 12 days of Christmas & Ash is even doing the lettering of the poem for us.






8) Tell us about the history CD’s that you are doing.






I decided that since I was getting asked a lot for past designs that had been retired for some time that I would bring them out & dust them off & get them onto CD's. Over the 7+ years I have done literally thousands and thousands of designs. This collection is great for those who want the full collection in a nice collectible case. It is a great hard copy as well. As we all know that hard drives have that tendency to crash when we least expect it!
It is also a great Christmas present for yourself:-)



9) Finally, anything miscellaneous you would want prospective or current embroiderer to know!


We plan on being around for at least another 7 years. We are continuing to grow & I think there are only bigger & better things on the horizon for us.

If you are a lover of all things machine embroidery check out Eliza's website! Thanks to Eliza for answering my questions and letting me profile her business!

http://www.stitchitcheap.com/
http://www.stitchitstuff.com/


Jenn remember the one with the most stash wins!


3) How did you get started/inspiration.






It was just for fun at first. Then it became more of a passion. I decided to do the subscription site because back in the "old" days sending designs by email was really a pain. Plus I wanted something that was reasonably priced that most everyone could afford. So Stitch It Cheap was born out of that. I wanted everyone to be able to get great designs at a great price.










4) What other crafts hobbies do you have?






I like to garden & I do some digital scrapbooking. I also love photography. More recently I have been exercising a lot trying to get back into shape.






5) Tell us about Eliza the person.






I am married (25 years this December 9th). I have two children, both adults Ash & Brian jr. NO grandchildren yet:-( I also have my two girls (my dogs) Darli (Dachshund) & Tali (Beagle). We also have the worlds oldest & crankiest cat Magic who just turned 16 this year. I enjoy spending time with my family & we love holiday's with all the little kids in the family. I am also a NASCAR junkie. LOVE Dale Jr! Go 88!










6) Who else helps you? How do you find your designs?






Ashley my daughter has come on recently as a part time digitizer. She also does some of our artwork but she does not have much time to do that for us since she is a full time student in a nursing program.
Tech support is my son Brian Jr. If I have any computer issues he is the guy I call.







7) Tease us with upcoming ideas if you can.






We have a really fun scarf idea that hopefully will be up next week. We are in full blown holiday designs now. We have some fun takes on the 12 days of Christmas & Ash is even doing the lettering of the poem for us.






8) Tell us about the history CD’s that you are doing.






I decided that since I was getting asked a lot for past designs that had been retired for some time that I would bring them out & dust them off & get them onto CD's. Over the 7+ years I have done literally thousands and thousands of designs. This collection is great for those who want the full collection in a nice collectible case. It is a great hard copy as well. As we all know that hard drives have that tendency to crash when we least expect it!
It is also a great Christmas present for yourself:-)



9) Finally, anything miscellaneous you would want prospective or current embroiderer to know!


We plan on being around for at least another 7 years. We are continuing to grow & I think there are only bigger & better things on the horizon for us.

If you are a lover of all things machine embroidery check out Eliza's website! Thanks to Eliza for answering my questions and letting me profile her business!

http://www.stitchitcheap.com/
http://www.stitchitstuff.com/


Jenn remember the one with the most stash wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment